Monday, September 8, 2008

Unplugged: Classroom Technology Use











In my opinion technology is very important to incorporate within the classroom. This day in age technology is constantly evolving, and we as future educators must adjust to the changes. I was fortunate enough to go to a brand new science and technology high school where we had the lastest technologies. Of course televisions, projectors, and computers were in every classroom.



There was one particular class that we used technology alot and that was Genetics my senior year. The teacher enstilled in us that science was ever changing and is more and more incorporating new technology. Every Wednesday we had to do in interactive lab on the computer using a software. The labs showed interactive specimens and equipment that we could control by the click of a mouse. I believed that the use of computers to complete our labs was a great way to get the lesson across. We as students were able to work in groups, interact with each other and further strengthen our technological skills.



Now that I am in college and I have to do hands on labs, I really appreciated the use of the computer. When we had questions we were able to pause our activity and ask for help, also we were able to replay instructions over and over again. I will always beleive that intergrating technology into education is one of the best things to do for our up and coming youth. Once we all get into the real world everyone will have a better understanding of technology.


1 comment:

Bradley Kim said...

I totally agree with you, Bridgett. Technology is evolving as time goes by and we must adjust to the changes, being able to know how to use the technology that is being upgraded from the basis of plain old television and computers. Also, I agree with the fact the technology, especially with computers, we are able to complete different assignments, to collaborate with other classmates to really intensify our technological skills. Addition what you have mentioned, I believe power point is more used in college than in high school, and it's being used more properly! You had very good points to have technology in the classroom.