Thursday, September 4, 2008

Technobiography

For me technology wasn't always available when I was younger. My mother is a teacher and my father worked at Giant during the graveyard shift when I was little, so we really didn't have a whole lot of money flowing around to be "up to date" on the technology that was out. We had televisions in the house but that was about it. I remember when we first got our computer I had somewhat of an idea how to use it because if computer lab classes we had in grade school, but I really never had a true understanding of it. We only played games on it like Carmen San Diego and Math Blaster and Treasure Mountain. It took us forever to get the internet. It always seemed like I was 3 or 4 steps behind everyone in computers and game consoles and cell phones.

Now all I use is technology. I have an iPod, I own a Voyager (the Verizon form of the iPhone), I have a laptop...you name it, I have used it. My brother-in-law has his own computer repair business and he is the head of the tech department at Anne Arundel Medical Center. My parents still have no clue what they are doing on computers, while my 12 year old brother knows probably more than I do about computers now.

It is an amazing world we live in right now and its an exciting time to live. There are new things coming out daily from HD TV, to new advancements in gaming, to ridiculous cell phones that are getting smarter and smaller all of the time. The Internet keeps everyone connected...all the time and no one ever thinks anything different. I can still remember times before the Internet and though it was that long ago, it feels like forever because of how it is used today.

No comments: