Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Techno-biography.

My relationship with technology largely consists of me using it for my entertainment or as a tool. Technology never really has fascinated me or caught my interest. While that is so, I do believe that a computer is probably the most useful tool I have. I use it for schoolwork, entertainment and communication. Sometimes all three at once. I listen to music, while typing a paper, and chatting with my friends on Aim.

As a kid I played a lot of video games. I enjoyed the games, but never really cared about how the system worked. Nonetheless playing those games did make me at least familiar with types of technology in general.

I didn't get home access to the Internet until I was in 10th grade. It was just dial up too. I used the Internet all the time at my friends houses but once I got it at home, I became much more familiar with it. It certainly made everything a lot easier.

I took a programming class in High School and hated every minute of it. I found it immensely boring and that was just small fry programming too. That is when I realized that computers were not the way to go. I did learn how to type correctly in keyboarding though.

Other types of technology I use now include my Ipod, my cell phone, televisions, radios, digital cameras, video cameras and the like. I also use Powerpoint, Excel, Word and all in my schoolwork. I think that not knowing how to use these kinds of technology is a real handicap in today's society.

No comments: