Thursday, September 4, 2008

Technobiography

Technology for me is basically almost all of life. Ever since I was a yound kid (Around 7) I had video games up to present day (20 years old). I started with the Sega Genesis because my dad would play it occasionally. It was basic compared to what we have today but back then it was a great deal. Including the Sega Genesis I used to always go over to my Grandmothers house and she would have the game pong for the old computers. This was as basic as video games would get but it was fun. I then got into playing Nintendo 64 which came out with Playstation 1(which I owned) But since I liked the 64 better I would always be at my friends house playing it. Then I was able to move up to the Playstation 2 and then the xbox. Then things got complicated and I kept the Playstation 2 but sold the xbox so I could purchase the xbox 360. The xbox 360 is awesome because I am able to play music on it through the internet and I am able to play games against people from all over the world. I then got the Nintendo Wii which everyone needs because it is simple to play and it is fun for all ages.

That is technology through video games I also have made it through technology of computers. When my family used to have dial-up internet and everyone had AOL we had one center desktop that each family member would use (4). Then my mom had another son and once he was getting older we moved to high speed internet through comcast. And when I graduated from High School every member of the family got their own laptop. Then we had to get the wireless internet to give a big enough cloud of internet for us to use through each room with no wiring. I use my laptop frequently to update my ipods, for me to check my mail, for me to play new music through youtube.com, for me to check facebook, for me to pay bills, for me to check my bank account information, and for me to shop.

Technology in the world today gives people the oppurtunity to be more effiecent. In the world presently there is a major shift from people doing one thing at a time during the 20th century, to basically doing nothing but multitasking in the 21st century. People are able to talk on their bluetooth while picking up kids carpooling kids to soccer practice through GPS, listening to music, and letting the kids watch a movie in the backseat of the car. All of this through technology

No comments: