Monday, September 8, 2008

Technology in the Classroom

I think technology can be useful in a classroom if used properly. But I think finding the line of using technology the right way and using the wrong way can be very fine. In high school, I didn't find that technology was used very much. Other than the occational video or power point presentation, nothing was really used. We were even still required to use mostly book sorces for research papers.
It wasn't until I reached college that I found teachers using it more. But even then I felt it was sparce. I've had quite a few teachers that used power point presentations for class, but most were poorly designed and the teachers didn't use them correctly. They often read straight from them and went to fast, expecting you to copy all the notes. Only one teacher to date has used power point correctly and that class is one of the best I've taken.
Other than teachers once in a while showing a video or asking use to go online and do a project or research in class, I found that for the most part, teachers seem to forget about technology. But for the most part I think I'm ok with that. I find often if teachers do use it, it's used the wrong way, and it just makes things worse. I rather a teacher not use technology than use it the wrong way.

No comments: