Monday, September 8, 2008

Technology in the Classroom

I believe that the use of technology in the classroom is very helpful. I feel as if the internet and other sources of technology can help you in the class. The technology I personally found helpful in the classroom was powerpoint and blackboard. The first time I really encountered Powerpoint and blackboard was when I got to college. I was in Intro to special education here at Towson and we had to do powerpoint presentations very often. I found this to be such a good way of learning. By doing this, I feel as if I knew the material much better after each and every presentation. That technology helped me do better in that class. I really do think if we didn't do these powerpoint presentations then I probably wouldn't of done as well in the class. 

Another form of technology I found useful and helpful in the classroom is blackboard. I became familiar with blackboard at Towson in the class ISTC 201. I knew very little, almost nothing at all about blackboard. Once we started using blackboard in the classroom, the class ran much smoother. I found blackboard very helpful with regulating the class, knowing my assignments, and knowing where I stood in the class. Instead of reading off of a syllabus, everything you need to know plus more in on the web for you. 

I'm not the best or most knowledgeable about technology, but I do find certain technologies to be helpful in a classroom setting. In most cases it easier to keep up with the class and learn in different ways when you use technology. Using powerpoint and using blackboard has improved my learning a lot. 

No comments: