Thursday, September 4, 2008

Technobiography

I was born during a time when one computer would take up an entire room. During high school in the late 70's, early 80's computers becames smaller, but I did not have any interest in them.The only thing I did do that was technology based was play video games. This was the era of Atari, post-Pong and pre-Nintendo. Usually I played my video games at the arcade in the mall. My favorites were Galaga, Centipede, Pac Man and Pole Position. Yeah, that was archaeic, wasn't it.I didn't get interested in computers until I started working as an administrative assistant at Procter & Gamble. There I learned how to use WordPerfect and Lotus and then learned Word and Excel. I bought my first computer in 1999 and loved having internet access. From there I went to a laptop, although I still use my desktop. I own a cell phone, but don't text. I now use a digital camera versus the 35mm camera. Since I love movies, I can use a DVD player/recorder. I recently moved back to Baltimore from Tucson, Arizona where I had DirecTv and a DVR. I miss my DVR.I don't have an IPod as of yet, but want to get one. It's so much easier than using CD's, which I buy for one or two songs and that's it. I eventually want to learn how to text and learn more technology because I don't want to be behind in the times.In an Education class, I did a paper on having laptops in the classroom. I agree with this because it gives the kids who do not have computers at home a chance to learn computers skills. Students can submit homework online or save it to their hard drive, so there won't be anymore excuses that I forgot my homework or the dog ate it. This will also give parents more involvement because they can check assignments, test grades and email the teacher.I think I've come a long way from being in a classroom that did not have computers to using a computers and being for having computers in the classroom

1 comment:

Prof. Lohnes said...

very interesting, looking forward to reading it back in my office