Thursday, September 4, 2008

Techno-biography

Our country is constantly evolving as well as technology that we use around us. I'm am now 19 years old going on 20 in a couple months, and as a child growing up I don't remember being so technologically dependent as I am now. Technology has helped shaped the way I learn and the way I interact with others. Now I can't possibly imagine life without the advancements of technology.
In elementary school technology was the last thing on my mind until I really needed it.I would have to say that it all started in middle school when the Internet became my best friend. As far as research and school projects that required a great deal of background information the Internet was the way to go. In eighth grade I received a cell phone, and back then getting a cell phone was for emergencies only. At age 13 I didn't really understand; I viewed the cell phone as a major advancement in technology that enabled me to communicate with people through out the day with out having to wait til I got home.
Now that I look back on high school I realize that technology played a pivotal role in my development. To be more specific the use of my cell phone and the Internet as stated above, by being able to research broad topics and text messaging my friends when we are no together. Another great advancement that benefited me well was the ipod, the ipod allowed me to have other options outside of the radio. As the future progresses so will technology as well as myself.

No comments: