Thursday, September 4, 2008

Technobio - Nick Gill

As far back as I can remember technology has been a big part of my life. The first peice of technology I can actually remember using frequently was nintendo. It was if the nintendo controller was attached to my hand. Video games were definatly my inroduction to technology.

As I got older I would always beg my parents to get me the newest gaming console that was out at the time. After putting up a little fight that would always give in. Because of that I always had the newest technology in the gaming world available to me. I also can remember playing games on apple computers when I was in grade school (3rd, 4th, 5th, grade). My first introduction to the internet came around 7th grade I think. I remember spending ours on AOL talking to my friends on instant messenger and exploring the internet.

As I got into highschool technology became an even bigger part of my life. My freshman year of highschool I took my first computer class. It was a typing class that tought me how to use the microsoft word application. I would go onto to take other application courses such as powerpoint and excel. Throughout highschool I would always find time to fit video games in between my busy schedule of school, soccer, and social life. I can remember a number of times going as far as faking sick so I could stay home from school and play the newest football game (madden) for playstation 2 all day. Throughout highschool I learned the value of finding information on the internet that I could use for my schoolwork. I also got my first cell phone in highshool which I remember not using much at first but now I can't imagine going a day without it.

Throughout college I began to become more and more of a digital learner. I would have an extremely hard time doing a research paper or a project without the internet now. Mostly everything is there on the internet to find at my convienence. I still use instant messenger all the time, I text on my cell phone constantly, check facebook religiously, watch soccer games on the internet, use the internet for projects and papers, and still play video games whenever I can. Technology has gradually become a major part of my life and will continue to be for the rest of it.

No comments: