Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Blue Group

I think that my early exposure to technology and growing up in the silicon valley where my teachers had access to good technology has effected my view on technology in the classroom and the potentials i can see it having to create a great class. I think that I probably have a larger dislike of in class essay's that need to be handwritten because I have always had computers in the classrooms so most teachers didn't have us hand write things. Because I had fine mooter skill problems as a child it is easier for me to use a computer then to make a teacher or myself try to understand my handwriting. I believe that every person is going to have a dirrect connection between their experances as a student useing technology in the classroom and how they will feel about it as a teacher. There are deffidently similaritues between my posts because I had mostly good experances with technology in the classroom as a students so I am mostly opptimistic about using technology in the classroom as a teacher. I am however slightly leery of powerpoint because I have seen powerpoint used incorectly and infact harm a class that a teacher is teacher.

1 comment:

Prof. Lohnes said...

I agree with you, Malinda, that your experiences as a student influence the way you might think about teaching with technology - which is why I wanted to get everyone talking about it. :) Interesting too that context matters - growing up in the Silicon Valley must have been an experience, I know that a lot of tech companies like to donate technology to schools in their backyard. Did your teachers have access to training as well as to the technologies?