Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Classroom Tech.

Technology has become a large part of the classroom. I can't think of many classes I've taken at Towson where the professor did not use some type of technology as a visual aid. I am a history major and in almost all my classes the professor would have a powerpoint slideshow ready to go along with his or her lecture for the day. Having this tool helped me learn better because I could see what the teacher was talking about rather than just hear it. Seeing the lecture on the board made it easier for me to remember the information. The other students in the class felt the same way. I can also remember having a history class where the teacher did not use a powerpoint to aid the lecture and I remember my classmates complaining. That just goes to show how big technology has become in the classroom. Students are use to it and expect it.

I believe that using technology like powerpoint to help aid lectures is a very useful tool. It improves learning and becomes a guide for the students during a lecture. It also helps visual learners remember the information better. Overall it is a great way to integrate technology into the classroom and should be used by teachers in any subject, not just history.

No comments: