Thursday, September 4, 2008

Techno-Biography

Well times have changed and as we sit here today doing most if not all our work on the computers, saving it to Cd's or usb instead of floppy disks. I cannot remember that far back but i do remember always going to my friends house and playing a couple different games on her computer. We first searched for the floppy for the game in her floppy disk box then we put it in the game and had to wait patiently for it load, sometimes it would not even work. When i was younger i also had a Sega Saturn of which i played Sonic: The Hedgehog and played quite often

Times have changed though, i now have four laptops in my house, two fairly new desktop computers, two PlayStations, a Wii, and way too many TVs(some even flat screen), and even several cell phones. I'm not trying to say i am rich because that is defiantly not the story, but the amount of technology i have in my house i think is amazing. I mean after Sega, they had PlayStation and now they have PlayStation two and three. They also have Wii which the controller does not even connect to the console. When you move the controller it moves you on the game, it is like a whole new world. In addition, they have xbox 360 that allows you to connect online and play and communicate with people around the world; it really is an awesome experience.

It's amazing the technology i have used in my life i never thought i could blink my eyes and the internet would be up that fast because when i was younger it felt like i could eat an entire meal as i waited for the internet to work. I am now so use to all the new technology, the lastest updates and everything i am really not sure where I would be without it all. Yes I can live without the computer and TV but then i feel lost in the world, like what happened in the news, whats the weather going to be this weekend, what are my friends up to etc.

Cell phones are also another thing that I do not remember having as I grew up. When i look back i remember cell phones being so big now they are so small and they have so many features. Take for example the I-phone it has the internet, texting(which it saves all your texting from when you first get the phone), you can facebook and myspace applications, follow your stocks, etc. Tecnology has become so advance most people including me take it for advantage these days.

No comments: