Sunday, December 7, 2008

Reflection on the Semester

I really got so much out of this semester that I did not expect that I would have learned at all. There are so ways to integrate technology into the classroom, and I have definitely experienced it in this class. The creativity of the use of technology is simply amazing in order to bring the students attention. Of course, we use the computer for everything nowadays to help us communicate with other people and to help us with useful information, even with its flaws from the internet. Even before coming to this class, I already knew that power point was beneficial for teachers to use when they lecture. However, after going through this class, it isn't effective all the time; some teachers don't even know to use it to draw students into understanding what the teacher is talking about visually.

I have learned that there are many ways for teachers to use. Having short clips of videos can help students visually learn in the classroom. However, I have come to the point where students should get interactive in the classroom, more of a constructivist approach. Providing online tutorials and practice problems could really help students gain so much knowledge out of what's being taught instead of just hearing the teacher lecture the whole time. Also, to make things more "fun", students should play some online games related to class. For teachers, they should promote blogs for students to write their opinions and thoughts, just like what I am doing right now. Software programs like Inspiration is another good tool instead of Power Point to help students with their thinking processes, having a general outline of what is being discussed. Furthermore, I believe that the different Web 2.0 programs are useful tools in the classroom. Finally, as I leave this class, I really am looking forward to being exposed to more of a variety of programs to use to will have students learn best as technology is integrating and being more advanced. I am more excited to teach students to the best of my ability for their own future endeavors.

No comments: