Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Reflection on ISTC 301

In ISTC 301 I learned how to effectively integrate English into technology. When I first started the class I thought I was only going to be able to use PowerPoint in my classroom, but I was shown another perspective on educational technology. I appreciate that there are many forms of software available and that there are creative ways to use it and reach out to all types of learners.
I enjoyed making the digital story the most out of this semester. It taught me how to be creative and hands on, I think that if it is available I would love to use this program in my own classroom. Learning about the different type of learning styles and how it's integrated into teaching was informative. I hope to continue to learn more about technology in the future, there are still many different programs that I would like to know about and become more familiar with. To further my knowledge I will continue to work in a setting that has computer's available and use them to teach my students. I now know that I do need technology to be an effective educator, at first I took technology for granted and this class showed me otherwise.

No comments: