Tuesday, December 9, 2008

ISTC Reflection

I feel that I have gained knowledge in two different aspects of teaching through this class.  At first, I was a Secondary Ed. History major and learned about different ways to integrate technology into the high school or middle school classroom.  But just recently I changed my major to Elementary Ed. and Special Ed. so my technological focus had to change.  These two areas are worlds apart from each other.  With Elementary and Special Ed. you can do so much more with the kids and there are so many more resources that are available to use.  Plus the kids are still at that age where they think this stuff is cool.  With high school and middle school you really have to wow them with the technology you are using or you will lose them in the first 5 minutes.  This class has broadened my horizons as far as what I will use in my classroom and what I will be looking for in the classroom has I continue to pursue my degree and career choice.

No comments: